For Speaking Inquiries:
I like to speak about mental health, mindfulness, women’s issues, and technology as it impacts the human experience. If you’d like to have me speak at your conference or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (415) 932-0938.
Here’s what a past speech organizer has to say about me:
“Dr. Carr was a pleasure to work with. She was an absolute professional, and her message was well articulated: human connection really matters, and we can set ourselves up for success by minimizing distractions so that we can have the most fulfilling relationships possible.
She captivated the audience with her own personal stories, combined with sharing the research behind how humans connect and interact on a psychological level. She did a great job helping us understand how to be more engaged and mindful in all our relationships. Thank you, Leslie!”
-Rachael O’Meara, one of the curators of Google’s G-Pause speaker series, which is designed to educate, inform, and inspire on the subject of mindfulness; she’s also the author of the upcoming book Pause.
Past Interviews and Events:
A series of interviews can be found on my YouTube channel. In addition to that content I’ve participated in the following events, interviews, and panel discussions:
- August 21, 2015: I spoke at Google on the topic of “The Power of Presence in Relationships.” This talk was part of their G-Pause series on mindfulness and meditation.
- February 12, 2014: I interviewed my colleague, psychotherapist and coach Terri Cole, about how to transcend fear. That video can be found here.
- March 23, 2012: I was interviewed by Sophie Chiche at LifeByMe about my approach to psychotherapy, and you can read that interview here.
- December 1, 2011: I gave a TEDx talk entitled, “Reconsidering Psychotherapy,” where I challenged the fear and stigma that surround therapy, and addresses why I thinks everyone should give it a try.
- September 24, 2011: I participated in a symposium entitled, “So Close and Yet So Far: The Impact of Digital Technology on Analytically Oriented Treatments,” where I presented case material from her work via Skype, and took part in a panel discussion. This conference was hosted by the Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology (NCSPP).
- January 16, 2011: I was interviewed on Lady Brain, a San Francisco-based radio show, addressing the topic of addiction and recovery.
- January 11, 2011: I was interviewed for Yahoo! Voices about addiction treatment.
- November 12, 2010: I interviewed my colleague Dr. Drew Tillotson in front of an audience of professional peers at a private home in San Francisco. This interview was part of the biannual salon series that is hosted by the Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology (NCSPP).
To stay informed about future events:
Please put your contact information here: